Industry jargon and unfamiliar terminology can be confusing.
No insurance resource would be complete without a helpful menu of terms and concepts. This information-rich list will help you make sense of the solutions you are considering.
Choose a section to view:
Deferred Compensation Plan: Employee Benefits
- Additional deferral opportunities not subject to qualified plan limits and penalties
- Can provide pre-retirement survivor benefits
- Supplements retirement income not available through 401(k) or profit-sharing plans
- Based on commencement date established in the agreement, employer can begin distribution of the deferred compensation
- May provide access to funds in the event of financial hardship