Industry jargon and unfamiliar terminology can be confusing.
No insurance resource would be complete without a helpful menu of terms and concepts. This information-rich list will help you make sense of the solutions you are considering.
Choose a section to view:
Deferred Compensation Plan: Employer Benefits
- Provides income tax-free death benefit and accumulates tax-deferred cash value for the employer
- Employer can use accumulated net cash value to pay the deferred compensation (through withdrawals or policy loans)
- Minimal ERISA requirements (provided only a select group of management or highly-compensated employees are covered)
- Provides select employees with additional deferral opportunities different from those available to other employees
- Helps recruit, retain, and reward talented staff
- Income tax deductions for benefits payment
- Each agreement can be tailored to an individual employee
- If the employee leaves, the company can recover the premiums paid by surrendering the policy or can continue to hold the policy
Deferred Compensation Plan,
Deferred Compensation Plan: Employee Benefits